none
How MS Word consider Z-index Values for floating item? RRS feed

• Question

• In Word document have three floating items with following Z order index value

Order of the item preservation

Z order index value

Z order index value

Order of the item preservation

Number 1 item preserved above of all other items in the MS Word application. All items have text wrapping style as behind.

My query is how MS Word consider the Z-Order index value for behind style? Because here two documents have same order but preservation wise it changes? Why it happen?

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:53 AM

Answers

• >>>Why this happen? Is MS Word consider any other properties for this behavior ?

Thanks for your providing more details about your issue, this forum is for developer discussions and questions involving Microsoft Word, like developing issues related with Word Object model, so I suggest that you could post your question to the Technet forum for Word IT Pro Discussions

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-us/home?forum=word

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, 
    and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thanks for your understanding. 
    • Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Friday, September 2, 2016 8:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Monday, September 5, 2016 5:27 AM
    Friday, August 26, 2016 2:55 AM

All replies

• >>>My query is how MS Word consider the Z-Order index value for behind style? Because here two documents have same order but preservation wise it changes? Why it happen?

According to your description, sorry, I am not so clear about your issue. Do you want to return a WrapFormat object that contains the properties for wrapping text around the specified shape? If so, you could refer to below code:
    Sub Demo()

With ActiveDocument.Shapes(1).WrapFormat

Debug.Print .Type

End With

End Sub

For more information, please refer about:

WrapFormat Object (Word)

WdWrapType Enumeration

If I have any misunderstandings on your question, please correct me and provide more details about your issue or upload your Word document file on OneDrive, that will help us reproduce and resolve it.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:23 AM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

This is not my exact requirement. 

My problem is I have two Word documents (2010 version) and it have three floating items. In both document Z-Order index value(checked in File Level) represent in same order but while viewing in visual(open using MS Word application).

Why this happen? Is MS Word consider any other properties for this behavior ?

Regards,

Vijay

Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:48 PM
  • >>>Why this happen? Is MS Word consider any other properties for this behavior ?

Thanks for your providing more details about your issue, this forum is for developer discussions and questions involving Microsoft Word, like developing issues related with Word Object model, so I suggest that you could post your question to the Technet forum for Word IT Pro Discussions

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-us/home?forum=word

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, 
    and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

• Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Friday, September 2, 2016 8:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Monday, September 5, 2016 5:27 AM
    Friday, August 26, 2016 2:55 AM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have asked the same query in mentioned page.

Regards,

Vijay

Friday, August 26, 2016 3:40 AM