none
<p:nvPr> in slideLayout1.xml but not in slideMaster1.xml RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all;

I created a very simple 1 slide PPTX (title slide). For the shapes in slidelayout1.xml I have a shape for idx= {nothing}, 1, 10, 11, 12.

But for slideMaster1.xml it has idx= {nothing}, 1, 2, 3, 4.

So what happens if I use the idx=10 shape from the index file? Is it legit to have no shape in master to match it? And in that case is master ignored or do I fall bax to the idx = {nothing}? Or something else?

thanks - dave

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Sunday, August 9, 2020 7:45 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

Thank you for the question.  An engineer will contact you soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Sunday, August 9, 2020 9:02 PM
  • Hi Dave, I will assist you with this and post an answer for you soon.

Mike Bowen Escalation Engineer Microsoft Open Specifications Team
    Tuesday, August 11, 2020 3:05 PM
  • Hi Dave,

I’m still looking into your question, but I want to give you an update. The idx value on a placeholder shape is optional and has a default value of 0. So, if a placeholder shape is missing the idx attribute then it is the same as having idx=”0”.

I am still looking into why the idx values in the slideLayout don’t match the slideMaster, but could you clarify for me, when you refer to the index file, which file do you mean? The slideLayout or a different file?

Thanks,

Mike

Friday, August 14, 2020 8:34 PM
  • Thank you for following up and yes the slideLayout. If the default is defined as 0, then it all makes sense.

thanks - dave

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Friday, August 14, 2020 8:48 PM
  • Hi Dave, That's great! Does this completely answer your post?

Mike

Wednesday, August 19, 2020 5:49 PM