none
Migrating from 32 bit to 64 bit Access Databases RRS feed

• Question

• I have a application developed with Visual Studio 2015 that supports both Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL Server as a place to store the application's data.  My application uses the Microsoft Access ODBC drivers to read/write/update data and the ACE drivers to make database structure changes and compact the database. 

It used to be that the 32-bit ODBC drivers for Microsoft Access could not exist on the same computer as the 64-bit ODBC drivers.  This is a problem when trying to migrate from 32-bit to 64-bit application since every application on your computer that needs the ODBC drivers has to be either 32-bit or 64-bit (you cannot have both types on the same machine).  Does anyone know if this problem has been resolved?

Thank You! - Andy

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:40 PM

Answers

• >>>As an aside, do you happened to know if there is a Microsoft Access Database Engine 2013 Redistributable or Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable?  I haven't been able to find one.

According to your description, Microsoft Access Database Engine 2013 Redistributable or Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable is not available yet.
    Monday, June 27, 2016 1:59 AM

All replies

• >>>It used to be that the 32-bit ODBC drivers for Microsoft Access could not exist on the same computer as the 64-bit ODBC drivers.  

According to your description, you could install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable.

Friday, June 24, 2016 1:47 AM
  • Yes, I did install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable.  That doesn't solve the problem because it does not install both the 32 and 64 bit ODBC drivers and if it did they would conflict with each other.  I am not sure how your post answers my question. 

As an aside, do you happened to know if there is a Microsoft Access Database Engine 2013 Redistributable or Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable?  I haven't been able to find one.

Thank You! - Andy

Friday, June 24, 2016 2:33 AM
  • >>>As an aside, do you happened to know if there is a Microsoft Access Database Engine 2013 Redistributable or Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable?  I haven't been able to find one.

According to your description, Microsoft Access Database Engine 2013 Redistributable or Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable is not available yet.
    Monday, June 27, 2016 1:59 AM