how can a user remove consent that was provided earlier to an application?

Question

• Not sure what forum is best for this question:  if a user grants consent to an application that requested things like basic info, emails, contacts, etc., from the Live Connect API, how does that user go about removing consent?

Is the application responsible for providing a way to remove it?  Or is Windows responsible for that?  I tried uninstalling my app and re-installing, but I no longer get prompted for giving consent to the app when the Live Connect API is used to authenticate.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• I just stumbled upon the place to remove consent in my profile page online (via hotmail).  But it seems like the user should be able to manage this from the settings in Windows 8 and not be forced to browse to a profile page on the internet.  Perhaps I'm missing how to do this from within Win 8.
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:57 PM
  • For Live Connect development questions please post on the Live Connect forums at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/messengerconnect/threads?prof=required

For questions about using Windows 8 please post on the Windows 8 forums at http://answers.Microsoft.com . You can remove consent for Windows 8 managed items in an app's settings pane's Permissions link, but it sounds like you're more interested in Live's offline features.

--Rob

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:16 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks.  I'm probably confused between consent for Live features and general permissions for apps.  When I click on the Permissions link in the app's settings pane, I just see that it has permission to access the internet.  But there isn't a place to remove the consent I had given for the app to access my basic Live account info.  To do that, it appears I have to log into my hotmail account and remove from there.
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:20 PM
  • That sounds likely. The permissions link is for Windows 8 managed permissions, and Live features would be handled on the server. If you need confirmation you should ask on the appropriate forums as linked in my previous post.

--Rob

Thursday, July 26, 2012 4:54 AM
    Owner