none
printer hide rules - assign CLIENTNAME RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

is this a supported scenario? It seems the rule applies to all sessions regardless of CLIENTNAME.

Further I remove frx and fra files but the created rules remain active.

FSLogix creates coresponding registry rules automactically like:

HKLM\SYSTEM\*\Enum\SWD\PRINTENUM\{1BDA714D-BC63-4387-B3DD-73664C22EC49} -> [Hide]

How can I delete these? frx.exe delete-rule -src-parent wont find it.

best regards

Markus

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:44 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have double checked and when the rule and assignment files for a printer hiding rule are removed from the rules folder (c:\program files\fslogix\apps\rules) then the rules are removed from the system. Run at the command line the command (from c:\program files\fslogix\apps) frx list-rules. Run this when the rule files are there and then after they are removed and you should see a difference.

Also I have tested applying the rules to a user and not another user and that appears to work properly as well.

When the rules are removed you may not see a change in the printers list until to you close possibly all the explorer windows and then open one and go to control panel. But in general this is not a common use case. Printer hiding rules are built to be applied at the start of a session and then removed at logoff.

If this is not working as explained then double check what you are doing to see if it matches as above. And if you are still having issues please file a ticket at: https://support.fslogix.com/

Regards

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 7:37 PM
    Owner
  • I reproduced like this:

Hide Printer Rule. (local Printer, Network or Masquerading Printers all same result)

Assign Rule -> Everyone No; UserA Yes   

1. install Rules.  Printers not hidden for UserB as expected

2. REBOOT Machine

3. Printers hidden for UserB

There are a lot of ID 13,14 in Administrative Log and 26 in operational.

(26 = cannot find file specified)
    (13,14 = Applying Printer Security failed)

best regards

Markus

Saturday, September 7, 2019 5:44 PM
  • Is anyone using the printer hiding rules in productive?

I could see them working sometimes until a reboot of the machine with printer hiding rule in place. 

Inconsitencies even without reboot when hiding and unhiding a printer. I tried with user assignment only.

Errors in operational log:

ID26 : Failed to send message to driver (AddRuleAssignment) (cannot find file specified)

ID26 : Failed adding rule assignment for key HKLM\SYSTEM\*\Enum\SWD\PRINTENUM\{934101D7-E24D-4478-B7BA-42EE18B81B61} (cannot find file specified)

FSLogix Service Version 2.9.7117.27413

best regards

Markus

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 8:18 PM