Download the membership DB to my PC RRS feed

• Question

• User-1657097422 posted

Has anyone seen or written an SQL script or ASP.net page that downloads the membership database from the server to a PC or to a flat file on the server that I can move to my PC.  I would like to download it to a .csv file so I can manipulate the data for snail-mail mailings and for site backup purposes.

I am a bit of a newbie so you might have to spell it out or point me to a reference.  However I have my site up and running on Go Daddy and it's thanks to this forum.  Many thanks to everyone.

Wayne

Monday, November 20, 2006 10:44 AM

All replies

• User-1657097422 posted

Well after a couple of hours searching it seems there is no simple one line export command.  If someone has a way to solve this with a ASP download page or a query analyzer script I am still interested.

As for my problem with Go Daddy I found there are tools in the List Hosts, Open Manager, Connection, Database, Tables path of clicks that provide several nice tools to view, maintain, import data and export (csv or XML) the tables in the club database to my PC.

Wayne

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 6:02 PM
  • User523970105 posted

The club site has some code that downloads calendar events.  Perhaps that could serve as a starting point for what you want?

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 7:00 PM