none
XML comment templates in VS 2015 (VBXMLDoc.xml)

Question

• Hi,

In VS 2013 I followed information on this website ( https://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2011/08/04/wcovb_xml-comments-2.aspx) to make a custom XML template for what fields show when I enter ''' in VB.NET. I have now upgraded to VS 2015 and I have realized how much I used those templates, now that they are missing. I tried by copying the 2013 version of my VBXMLDoc.xml file and put it in the same location for version 2015. That did not work however. I have searched the net and this forum, and I found one other question here, search for "Are xml comments in VB still customizable?" (I am not allowed to use links), however, it appears people didn't understand the question, and while it has a proposed answer, the 'answer' is referring to the location of the XML comment output file, not the file the question was about.

In VS 2013 the location of the VBXMLDoc.xml file is in C:\Users\<user><user abp="461">\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0</user> (Win 7)

Hopefully there can be a concise answer here for others to find :-)

Cheers,

Mattias

Monday, June 13, 2016 1:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Mattias,

Thank you for your post.

This question is about creating custom XML template . I think I not able to help you solve this question. but I will invite other senior engineer to help you for further troubleshooting.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 8:00 AM