Matrix Report Columns Grand Total RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There i have a  Report That Display's data in following format

Areas
    Code   | Descirption |  Emirates | GCC | ASIAN | OTHER ARABS | so on..
    1           What ever      3              0         2                    1
    2           ABC              0              0         1                    0
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total                         3              0           3                    1     

The Areas are Matric Columns and are dynamically generated .

i dont want sub total of each row , but i want Grand total at the  end of the all columns generated by matrix

I have no clue how do to it

Kind Regards

Monday, September 10, 2007 10:09 AM

Answers

• Fine. Then doing what I said in my previous reply should work for you. Have you tried it?

Just to be totally explicit, right-click the textbox in your matrix that has the "code" and not the one that has the "description" and select the subtotal option.

Monday, September 10, 2007 11:14 AM

All replies

• Just Right-click the column header and choose subtotal.

Monday, September 10, 2007 10:19 AM
  • No  this is what i dont want

this will add total below each row which i dont want i want the grand totals after the last row
    Monday, September 10, 2007 10:28 AM
  • OK, we seem to be talking cross purposes and your explanation is not clear enough.

If you want an additional column at the end the has the total value for all areas then right-click the column group and choose subtotal.

If you want an additional row at the very bottom that has the total for all the code/description row category, then right-click on the code group i.e. outermost group, and choose subtotal.

Monday, September 10, 2007 10:46 AM

• let me explain again here is the report's result few row
    R

African American Asian Emirates European GCC Not Stated Oceanian(Australia-Newzealand-Fiji Islands) Other Arab Countries TOTAL
    1120 Services activities related to extraction of oil and gas, except surveying services أنشطة الخدمات المتصلة باستخراج النفط والغاز باستثناء خدمات المسح       20610000 20610000         20610000
    1320 Mining of non-ferrous metal ores, except uranium and thorium ores تعدين ركازات (خامات) الفلزات غير الحديدية (المعادن)  (باستثناء ركازات اليورانيوم والثوريوم)     150000 150000           150000
    1410 Quarrying for extraction of stones, sands, and clay استغلال المحاجر لاستخراج الأحجار والرمال والطفل                 0 0

Total Row                                                   0   African Colum total      0   15000 ( asian)        rest of totals

the regions name that you see are actually column of matrix report  and i want total in last row for each column
    i have added total as column but i also want grand total row at the end

means horizontal total of each row
    and vertical total of each column

i hope i got it right this time

Monday, September 10, 2007 11:08 AM
  • Fine. Then doing what I said in my previous reply should work for you. Have you tried it?

Just to be totally explicit, right-click the textbox in your matrix that has the "code" and not the one that has the "description" and select the subtotal option.

Monday, September 10, 2007 11:14 AM
  • worked thanks a lot Smile
    Monday, September 10, 2007 11:25 AM