Azure Stack Installation Failed on Mointoring Agents Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install Azure Stack Deployment but installation is getting failed on installation of mointoring agent on AZS-Xrp01. I am getting given below error. Can you please guide me how why this error is appearing and how I can resolve it. 

VERBOSE: 1> [MonitoringAgent:Configure] Caught error PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_ServiceResource  failed to execute Set-TargetResource functionality
    with error message: The service 'MAWatchdog' to create already exists with path
    'C:\Monitoring\Agent\MAWatchdog\Microsoft.AzureStack.Fabric.Health.MAWatchdog.exe'  : retrying... - 6/7/2018 1:22:59 AM
    WARNING: 1> Task: Invocation of interface 'Configure' of role 'Cloud\Fabric\MonitoringAgent' failed:

Type 'Configure' of Role 'MonitoringAgent' raised an exception:

Failed to configure MA on AzS-Xrp01
    at SetMonitoringAgent, C:\CloudDeployment\Classes\MonitoringAgent\MonitoringAgent.psm1: line 952
    at ConfigureMonitoringAgentOnAllNodes, C:\CloudDeployment\Classes\MonitoringAgent\MonitoringAgent.psm1: line 579
    at Configure, C:\CloudDeployment\Classes\MonitoringAgent\MonitoringAgent.psm1: line 23
    at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 39
    at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 37 - 6/7/2018 1:23:29 AM
    Invoke-EceAction : Type 'Configure' of Role 'MonitoringAgent' raised an exception:
    Failed to configure MA on AzS-Xrp01
    at SetMonitoringAgent, C:\CloudDeployment\Classes\MonitoringAgent\MonitoringAgent.psm1: line 952
    at ConfigureMonitoringAgentOnAllNodes, C:\CloudDeployment\Classes\MonitoringAgent\MonitoringAgent.psm1: line 579
    at Configure, C:\CloudDeployment\Classes\MonitoringAgent\MonitoringAgent.psm1: line 23
    at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 39
    at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 37
    At C:\CloudDeployment\Setup\DeploySingleNode.ps1:797 char:5
    +     Invoke-EceAction -RolePath $masterRole -ActionType $actionPlan @d ...
    +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (Failed to configure MA on AzS-Xrp01:String) [Invoke-EceAction], InterfaceInvocationFailedException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Failed to configure MA on AzS-Xrp01,CloudEngine.Cmdlets.InvokeCmdlet
    Friday, June 8, 2018 6:17 AM

Answers

• Hello,

After restarting the Host, it is required to run ‘Start-AzureStack’ to get the VMs and dependant services to start in the correct order.

Please see: Start and stop Azure Stack

$CloudAdminCredential = Get-Credential -Credential AzureStack\CloudAdmin

$psSession = New-PSSession -ComputerName AzS-ERCS01 -ConfigurationName` PrivilegedEndpoint -Credential $CloudAdminCredential

Invoke-Command $psSession {Start-AzureStack}

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks, 

Gary Gallanes

Monday, June 11, 2018 5:19 PM

All replies

• Could you provide the following information to help investigate?

Build/Version:  

Get-Content "C:\CloudDeployment\Configuration\Version\version.xml"

Directory type: 

Azure AD or ADFS

Hardware: 

How many CPU Cores, RAM, Get-Disk output

Network: 

Static or DHCP.

BareMetal or Nested Hyper-V:

Deployment parameters used:

In the interim, if you haven't already done so, try redeploying using the -rerun parameter.

NOTE: Make sure you are running the deployment as under the AzureStack\AzureStackAdmin account.

cd C:\CloudDeployment\setup

.\InstallAzureStackPOC.ps1 -rerun

Friday, June 8, 2018 12:46 PM
  • Hello,

Have you tried running the deployment?

Does it fail in the same place?

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks, 

Gary Gallanes

Friday, June 8, 2018 4:59 PM
  • Hi Garry, 

Thanks for your reply. The issue had been resolved after restarting AZS-Xrp01 machine and then restarting the deployment. 

The installation was completed successfully after it but azurestack dashboard was showing blank after login to into it https://adminportal.local.azurestack.external

I have restarted the AzureStack machine and once its back there is only two Infrastructure VMs ( AZS-DC01 and AzS-ERCS01). It seems that everything has been wiped out. 

Is it Normal Behaviour of AzureStack that we should not reboot the host server other wise it wiped out everything? If not then what should I need to do?

Saturday, June 9, 2018 8:23 AM
  • Hi, 

I have resolved the issue where VMs were not appearing in Hyper-V manager after reboot. 

The VMs were shut-down state in Fail-over cluster manager under Role section. I have started the VMs and now they are appearing in Hyper-V Manager. 

BTW, the VMs should not be goes in Shut-Down state after reboting the AzureStack POC host. AzureStack Team need to look into it

Monday, June 11, 2018 10:07 AM
  • Hello,

After restarting the Host, it is required to run ‘Start-AzureStack’ to get the VMs and dependant services to start in the correct order.

Please see: Start and stop Azure Stack

$CloudAdminCredential = Get-Credential -Credential AzureStack\CloudAdmin

$psSession = New-PSSession -ComputerName AzS-ERCS01 -ConfigurationName` PrivilegedEndpoint -Credential $CloudAdminCredential

Invoke-Command $psSession {Start-AzureStack}

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, 

Gary Gallanes

Monday, June 11, 2018 5:19 PM
  • Hi Gary, 

Thank you so much for valueable comment. The service status of Azure Stack is running now as you can see in below attached screenshot.  However, I am still not able to browse the azure stack portal with URL " https://portal.local.azurestack.external" as it gives me error "This site can’t be reached".  

If I try to ping the portal.local.azurestack.external then it points to IP : 192.168.102.12.   Can you please guide how I can resolve this case?

Monday, June 25, 2018 12:34 PM
  • Hi,

Can you please guide me on above mentioned issue?

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 1:58 PM
  • Just to highlight, to open the user portal, go to https://portal.local.azurestack.external/.

To open the Azure Stack operator portal, visit https://adminportal.local.azurestack.external/. Are you accessing these portals from ASDK host or connecting to Azure Stack by using VPN?  Refer the document Connect to Azure Stack Development Kit for more details.

Note: A VPN connection does not provide connectivity to Azure Stack infrastructure VMs.

Thursday, July 5, 2018 7:02 AM