none
MQSeries Reason Code=6124 RRS feed

• Question

• Got the 6am call "BizTalk is down".  Actually, MQ was down, its service wasn't running.  I just came to new client that is using BT2010 to talk to MQSeries on a different machine.  The binding and everything were already set up and working.

This is probably more of an MQ question than a BizTalk question.  We opened "IBM WebSphere MQ Explorer" this morning, and all the queues were stopped.  We then went to admin/services and started MQ, and they all came back online.

So now to figure out why it stopped.  I was looking at the Event Log and at 4:14 am, found this error:

This is the error on EventLog of MQ Server:

Source:        Microsoft BizTalk Server Adapter for MQSeries
    Date:          4/17/2012 4:14:00 AM
    Event ID:      266
    Level:         Error
    Description:
    Error encountered as BizTalk attempts to send a message to MQSeries, description = Error encountered on opening Queue Manager name = QTQMGR Reason code = 6124. hresult = 0XC0C11007. This error will also be reported on the BizTalk server.

I see the same error as a warning on BizTalk server at 4:14, followed by the three retries every 5 minutes and then the error.

So my questions are:

1) Is this the error BizTalk would get when the queues are down?

2) Wouldn't there be some message in App Event Log that tells why MQ went down? I see a CAPI (failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab) error message as 12:31 am, then the next message is the BizTalk one above at 4:14.

3) What's the best support URL to ask MQ specific questions?

Thanks,
    Neal Walters

P.S.  I also see thousands of these warnings on the BizTalk machine around 11pm the previous night: 

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        BizTalk Server
    Date:          4/16/2012 11:20:49 PM
    Event ID:      5740
    Task Category: BizTalk Server
    Description:
    The adapter "MQSeries" raised an error message. Details "Retrieving the COM class factory for remote component with CLSID {EEEF8325-B385-420D-A8A9-EABA4F51AF5C} from machine xxx.datacenter.local failed due to the following error: 8007000e xxxx.datacenter.local.".

• Edited by Neal Walters Monday, December 31, 2012 8:20 PM Change uppercase letter in title
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:24 PM

Answers

• First update: By looking at the System Log (not the App Log), we found that the MQ server rebooted at about midnight, and the MQ service was not set to automatically start.

Neal

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:40 PM

All replies

• First update: By looking at the System Log (not the App Log), we found that the MQ server rebooted at about midnight, and the MQ service was not set to automatically start.

Neal

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:40 PM
  • Neal,

Have a look in the MQSeries error logs. They're actually pretty useful.  See here for the OS specific locations of the log files.

Most of the issues I've encountered have fixes associated and upgrades have resolved these stability problems.

Googling the error codes are the best place to start.  I prefer the IBM forums over the others.

Greg

Monday, April 23, 2012 11:04 AM