Intellisense will not work RRS feed

• Question

• So today when working on a couple projects all of a sudden intellisense stopped working. This for me is a real problem as I rely on intellisense alot (new to programming here) I have tried just about every single fix I have read and could think of. I have imported new settings, reset the settings, deleted the SUO files, deleted and renamed any file that contains VS settings or preferences. 

Nothing seems to work. 

Additional information: I am on VS 2013 ultimate.

• Moved by Caillen Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:28 AM
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I had not done updates at all. I don't ever use the command line and I have not tried to recreate the issue on a new project. 

The odd thing is, intellisense just started to work again. I believe this may be a small bug of some sort. I had noticed if I pull a similar file and place it into the project the intellisense stops working. That may have been what triggered it. But at any rate, it has fixed itself. 

I suppose this can be closed.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:50 AM

All replies

• Hello,

1. Where there updates done on this computer i.e. Visual Studio updates, other software or windows updates?
    2. In regards to resetting settings, do you do this from the command line?
    3. If you create a new project does it also not have intellisense?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:32 AM
  • Hi,

I had not done updates at all. I don't ever use the command line and I have not tried to recreate the issue on a new project. 

The odd thing is, intellisense just started to work again. I believe this may be a small bug of some sort. I had noticed if I pull a similar file and place it into the project the intellisense stops working. That may have been what triggered it. But at any rate, it has fixed itself. 

I suppose this can be closed.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:50 AM
  • Hi Jerseyetr,

Visual C# forum is not the right place for your question, I'm moving it to Visual Studio General forum so that you can receive better responses.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:30 AM
  • I have VS2017 and had a similar obscure occurrence that may help someone else...
    Somehow a second copy of my dll was being loaded along side the one I was compiling and running (by using debug -> start external program).
    I found 2 entries for it in the modules window with 2 separate file paths (debug -> windows -> modules).
    I deleted the offending assembly, and now intellisense is back.
    I have no idea how it got there, but it had a timestamp of a couple hours ago - which is the time intellisense stopped working.
    Monday, January 8, 2018 6:25 PM