none
How to set time zone on Windows 2008 to UTC ? RRS feed

• Question

• How to set time zone on Windows 2008 to UTC ? Currently on my server I only see GMT in the time zone.

Thanks

Vittal

Friday, April 1, 2011 12:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Vittal

UTC and GMT are practically the same time, UTC is a coordinated timezone adjusted to the earth's rotation around the sun. The difference are that 'we' insert and remove an extra second to accurately reflect this change. This means that over maybe a 100 years, the time will vary with maybe just a few minutes, I'm sure there's graphs out on the web which illustrates the current time difference between UTC and GMT with a history.

Friday, April 8, 2011 5:51 AM
  • Did you find an answer for this, i think the display of GMT in our windows 2008 servers is messing up scheduling in domino and notes...  clients show UTC but the domino server still thinks itself in GMT and we have moved to +1 and BST and some of our appointments are out by an hour as the domino server still is thinking it is in GMT...

• Edited by AshleyDrees Thursday, April 5, 2012 2:27 PM
    Thursday, April 5, 2012 2:04 PM
  • This is a very old topic but found it because I was searching for some other answer to my issue here. However for your IBM Lotus Domino Server and IBM Lotus Notes client there is a Notes.ini variable which might be usefull to you.

Please check this here:

UseNotesTimezone

http://www.lntoolbox.com/en/notesini-reference/bycategory/19-setup_and_configuration/1904-usenotestimezone.html

that should help you.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 4:26 PM