Virtualization for ListView doesn't work when in SemanticZoom

Question

• Don't know why, but virtualization doesn't work in ListView when used in SemanticZoom ... when i move my ListView out of SZ, virtualization work just fine. I can use incremental loading, but then semantic zoom cannot navigate to correct item (when it's not loaded).
    Monday, May 13, 2013 9:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Anybody can tell me why virtualization does not work and how to enable it ?

EDIT: have new finding ... when i will not set ItemsSource for out view, virtualization work fine :-O ... don't know why these 40 items corrupt virtualization for oposite view.

EDIT2: when i changed out view from GridView to ListView (so out have ListView same as in view), virtualization work just fine. Really it will be that hard to add message to debug log 'Virtualization will be disabled because of ....' so developer will know reason ?
    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:37 AM
  • HI,

Currently UI virtualization is not supported within groups. If performance is an issue, limit the size of your groups or if you have lots of items in a group, use another display strategy for group detail views, like SemanticZoom.

Please take a look of http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh994637.aspx

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:06 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:33 AM
  • Jesse, i know about limitations in GridView and his grouping ? I wrote i have problem with ListView which doesn't support grouping and should be always virtualized by default.
    Friday, May 17, 2013 7:32 AM
  • If you do not want to ListView virtualization, you can change the ItemsPanelTempate

<ListView.ItemsPanel>
                            <ItemsPanelTemplate>
                                <StackPanel Orientation="Vertical"/>
                            </ItemsPanelTemplate>
                        </ListView.ItemsPanel>

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:06 AM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 8:05 AM