Managing controls RRS feed

• Question

• User1760382400 posted

I'm working on a project that I need some help with. I have a little trouble explaining what I'm looking for but I'm going to give it a try.

I wan't to build a Custom Validation Control that I can use in multiple projects. I know how to build the Custom Validation Control (I've done that). My problem is understanding how to build it and reference it from any future projects. I tried to create a new Windows Control Library but ran into a problem there. Building the Custom Validation Control requires that I inherit BaseValidator class. That class is not inheritable in a Windows Control, at least not that I have been able to find. If I understand how controls work, I should be able to build the validator in a stand-alone Windows Control project, then build it, which generates the DLL, then reference that DLL in my other projects. If I could inherit the BaseValidator class in my custom control I think I would be in good shape, but I can't seem to make that happen.

I need a better understanding of the relationship between ASP Custom controls and Windows Controls. I think that is part of my confusion here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

riversr

Monday, April 14, 2008 12:54 PM

Answers