How can you link to a particular member via URL Query string parameters in Master Data Manager Explorer? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to setup a link from an SSRS report to Master Data Manager so when the click on the SSRS report item, it will pull up Master Data Manager filtered to the particular member that the user clicked on from the report.

I cannot find any references to that being possible. Is it possible? What is the query key value to pass a member code\id or other filter criteria to Master Data Manager explorer?

MID is Model ID

VID is Version ID

EID is Entity ID

Are there other possible parameters? Can a pass a member ID or code?

Thanks

Friday, June 12, 2015 3:04 PM

Answers

• MID, VID and EID is all you need.  And no you can't pass an ID or code as the built-in UI doesn't have a single entity member view.

If you want a single entity member view, just write a SSRS report against the subscription view.

David

David http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dbrowne/

• Marked as answer by hoosierDevSQL Friday, June 26, 2015 8:32 PM
    Friday, June 12, 2015 6:37 PM

All replies

• MID, VID and EID is all you need.  And no you can't pass an ID or code as the built-in UI doesn't have a single entity member view.

If you want a single entity member view, just write a SSRS report against the subscription view.

David

David http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dbrowne/

• Marked as answer by hoosierDevSQL Friday, June 26, 2015 8:32 PM
    Friday, June 12, 2015 6:37 PM
  • Dang! We want to link from a report to Master Data Manager so users can make changes to specific members they have found from analysis done on the report. Sounds like Silverlight has foiled us yet again.

Thanks

Friday, June 12, 2015 7:20 PM
  • Just fill out the placeholders in the following query string, and redirect the user to an instance of the MDS web application:

internal const string Microsoft.MasterDataServices.Client.ViewModel.Common.UrlConstants::EntityFilterCodeUrlFormat = "Explore?MID={0}&VID={1}#/ExplorerEntity?MID={0}&VID={1}&EID={2}&MECD={3}";
    • MID - modelId
    • VID - versionId
    • EID - entityId
    • MECD - memberCode; this is the unique member identifier. Might be, like for instance in my case, a 1-based integer, auto increment identity.

What happens, SearchTermDataSet View Model applies a Code filter upon opening:

[a picture was here, but I cannot submit an answer containing pictures or links unless my account is "verified"]

There is also an option to make use of the AID query string parameter, apparently to apply an arbitrary based attribute filtering. But I have it not investigated, and do not know what ensues.

Shame that although the functionality is at disposal, it is not documented whatsoever. I had to spend some time on reverse engineering.

Chris

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 6:02 PM