none
.NET Core - What's Coming in .NET Core 3.0 RRS feed

• General discussion

• .NET Core 3 is the next major version of the .NET Core platform. This article walks through the history of .NET Core and demonstrates how it has grown from basic support for Web and data workloads in version 1 to being able to run Web, desktop, machine learning, containers, IoT and more in version 3.

Read this article in the Connect(); 2018 issue of MSDN Magazine

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:19 PM
    Owner

All replies

• disappointed, functional programming is not there, instead of lots of client side.

.Net core should make efforts, let Rust irrelevant in server side programming 

Friday, December 21, 2018 12:19 AM
  • Read somewhere about full B# (VB.NET) support coming in .NET Core 3.0.  Is it not true?  Did not see any of its mention.  If no new templates of B# is found in VS2019, it'll be very disappointing.

Raja Venkatesh

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:05 AM
  • "you can publish both your application and .NET Core into a single .EXE."

Sounds great, just what we need for running machines that aren't connected to any network. Hopefully someone will publish a tutorial.

Thursday, January 3, 2019 1:05 PM
  • I would like to see observable properties for use doing MVVM type things in WPF/UWP/Xamarin. 

Something like this:

public observable string MyProperty { getset; }

could even name the snippet propo or something like that. Ah well i can dream. LOL

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:59 PM
  • I would like to see observable properties for use doing MVVM type things in WPF/UWP/Xamarin. 

Something like this:

public observable string MyProperty { getset; }

could even name the snippet propo or something like that. Ah well i can dream. LOL

You can do this using ReactiveUI.Fody (now part of the main ReactiveUI library):

[Reactive]public string SearchId { get; set; }

Saves so much boilerplate. I use it constantly.

Monday, January 14, 2019 5:13 PM