none
is it possible to treat appointment body as html RRS feed

• General discussion

• HI,all,

I mean, I want to use html factor in body, so I can add href or any else factor much easier、

Thanks.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:20 AM

All replies

• you will either have to wrap it inside proper RTF tags or use WordEditor from inspector object to add those things.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 7:35 AM
  • Thanks first.

wrap it inside proper RTF tags? Is there any solution for this? I just want to know more about this way.

thanks.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 8:28 AM
  • i do not know if any existing libraries but of course there must be some, so try to search a little. if you want to do it yourself, just set html to mailitem.HTMLBody and look at generated rtfbody property.
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 8:43 AM
  • I am sorry I didn't get your idear But there is not a HTMLBody for Appointment object. I searched and found that there is a rtfbody property for appointment, but it is supported after outlook 2010. 

It is too hard for me to work on both outlook 2007 and 2003.

Thanks.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:23 AM
  • i wrote: mailitem - if you want to do it yourself and see how to properly embed hyperlinks inside RTF - set html body on mailitem and look at its rtfbody. and yes, RTFbody appeared on OOM in 2010 version. So for previous versions you will have to drop down to extended mapi or redemption. 
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:48 AM
  • If you using Redemption is an option, you can set the RDOAppointmentItem.HtmlBody property - it will dynamically convert the specified value to RTF.

The same works for other Outlook items that only use RTF (RDOContactItem and RDOTaskItem).

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.4 is now available!

Thursday, March 7, 2013 4:52 PM