none
SQL Server Service pack not reflecting

Question

• Hi All,

I installed SQL Server 2012 SP3 (KB 3072779) on SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition SP2. Service pack installed successfully but that is not reflecting in SQL Server @@VERSION details or even in SSMS Header as well showing SP2 only. But in control panel under updates showing SP3 Installed.

Even did not encountered any error while installation. Kindly assist me how it can reflect in SQL Server as well. I tried to run again SP3 setup but in instance selection showing grey out and showing already installed.

Nitesh

Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:53 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please consider you may have downloaded the 32-bit version of SP3 but you have a 64-bit instance installed, or you may have applied a 64-bit SP3 on a SQL Server 2012 32-bit instance.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:02 PM
  • Did you reboot the machine after installing Service Pack?

Reboot is not ordinarily required, however, it may help change to take effect in some cases.

HTH,

Phil Streiff, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSA

Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:10 PM
  • SQL Server 2012 Standard edition SP2 64bit was installed, I applied SP3 of 64bit only and rebooted server as well. That is showing installed in control panel but in SQL Server not showing.

Nitesh

Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:18 PM
  • Hi Nitesh,

Have you checked the Discovery Report, you can use it to check if the SQL Server Components are upgraded.

Please find SQL Server Installation Center (64-bit) from Start menu, then select Installed SQL Server features discovery report in the Tools tag.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 28, 2017 6:06 AM
  • SQL Server 2012 Standard edition SP2 64bit was installed, I applied SP3 of 64bit only and rebooted server as well. That is showing installed in control panel but in SQL Server not showing.

Nitesh

I believe this is installed but the registry value is not updated from where SSMS picks the SP3. Can you run the discovery report and post output here

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Friday, April 28, 2017 11:56 AM