How to kill orphaned share operation? RRS feed

• Question

• Found a very annoying problem when attempting to debug sharing in my WinJS app:

1. Create an app that shares content using DataTransferManager.
    2. Debug to the point handling the Share event - basically, the first line in the routine called when the Share charm is clicked.
    3. Stop the debugger / end the app.
    4. You will not be able to share from that app until you restart the computer. You'll be met with "Waiting for info from <appname>..."

My guess is there's an "orphaned" share operation out there, and Windows won't time out the operation, thus requiring a restart any time you need to share from the app when it's left in that state.

Is there a service that can be restarted to kill pending share operations? Something that doesn't require a restart?

As long as I debug through the share operatiaon, sharing works fine. But if I stop debugging at breakpoint DURING sharing, it requires the restart.

Maybe this is a bug in Win8?

Thanks,

-Auri

Columnist, Consultant's Corner, Dev Connections | Author, Hacking the PSP & Geek My Ride | President, The Auri Group, LLC, www.aurigroup.com | Blog: http://auri.me
    Mobile Apps on Marketplace: Buzzword Baby, Mobliza, and more are coming...

Monday, December 17, 2012 12:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have reproduced the scenario on my side. And I will report this to product team. I will also involve more experts to investigate. Any update will let you know.

Roy
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Monday, December 31, 2012 6:01 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 8:50 AM