Acropolis and Transaction support RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

my question is related to transaction how Acroplolis supoprt transaction between parts, if i assume part as a service which can be written independently by any vendor or different teams in an organization then how we can flow transaction from one part to an another part.

suppose i have an OrderProcessing Part and a ShipmentPart and a RootPart which initialites transaction

then how i can make sure that these two parts are ATOMIC

Mohsin Bari

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• My assumption is that there won't be any inherit ability for acropolis to do transactions because it's a user interface framework.

I would maybe create an instance of each of your part objects and wrap them in a parent object that can keep track of them and their transactions.  You could probably map event properties to the wrapper class methods that would control your transaction object state.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:32 PM
  • Would Windows Workflow Foundation be the solution here?  Could the WF data be accessed via an Acrololis Service?

Ed
    Thursday, June 21, 2007 5:46 PM
  • Transactions are supported by WCF, and Acropolis WPF applications can use WCF.  This MSDN article shows how the .NET 3.0 technologies tie in and support each other: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479861.aspx#intronetfx30_topic2.  Figure 5 shows how the WPF client communicates with the application's business logic using WCF.

Thanks,

Ricky

Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:50 PM