none
Hyperlinks and warnings RRS feed

• Question

• I have seemed to exhaust every internet option.  I have a surface pro 4 and a i7 desktop.  They both run the same access database.  I open a file in vba using a hyperlink to open an external file on the desktop and have no issues.  I try the same on the surface pro 4 and I get a Microsoft office dialog stating "Some files may contain virsus blah, blah, blah".  I can't figure out why

Mark Miller

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 8:38 PM

All replies

• Well it appears that some unknown security software on your Surface Pro thinks there may be a virus somewhere. Since ACCESS itself dosen't know one way or another, I would check your computer security settings. This has nothing to do with ACCES itself.
    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 10:58 PM
  • Hi Mohican83,

you provided the very less information about your issue.

post your VBA code so that we can know what exactly you are doing in code.

where the Database file is stored? is it stored on server so that both Desktop and your Surface can access it?

also you did not posted the full error message.

you just posted ,"Some files may contain virsus blah, blah, blah".

try to post the full error message or post the screen shot of the error will help us to better understand the issue.

also try to check the difference between the settings of your Desktop machine and Surface pro.

if you find any difference then let us know about that. also inform us what settings you checked already.

provide the above mentioned information, we will try to reproduce the issue on our side and try to test the issue.

as I can see that you are trying to share your database and want to access it from multiple machines.

so you may try to refer link below may give you some more information.

Ways to share an Access desktop database 

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 2, 2017 2:10 AM
  • Hi Mohican83,

Is your issue solved?

I can see that you did not done any follow up after posting your issue here.

if your issue is solved then try to post the solution and mark it as an answer.

it will help us to close this thread.

if your issue is still exist then I suggest you to refer the suggestions given by the community members.

if then also you have any further question about same issue then you can inform us about that.

we will try to provide you further suggestions to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 3:09 AM
  • Hi Mark,

>> I try the same on the surface pro 4 and I get a Microsoft office dialog stating "Some files may contain virsus blah, blah, blah".

For this issue, it is caused by security, I suggest you try link below to disable it.

# Enable or disable security alerts about links and files from suspicious websites

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Enable-or-disable-security-alerts-about-links-and-files-from-suspicious-websites-a1ac6ae9-5c4a-4eb3-b3f8-143336039bbe

And, I suggest you try add below registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Security
    DWORD: DisableHyperlinkWarning
    Value: 1 (disable the warning), 0 (enable the warning)

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:40 AM