WHQL driver signing for Server R2 Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm trying to get my application achieve Certified for Windows Server 2008 R2. In the requirements it is mentioned that WHQL signature is a must for the drivers. When I went through the documentation, I found that the entire driver package(catalog and inf files) should be submitted for validation. But the problem is my application uses drivers which are loaded dynamically during run time. Hence it doesn't contain any inf files and cannot be installed as a device driver. I just have a .sys file which is loaded from my application during run time. I want to know how to get WHQL sign for my driver with just the sys file ? Also I want to know whether the WHQL sign is not needed when having .sys file alone since it does not run during boot and it is loaded during run time only ?

Friday, December 17, 2010 4:27 AM

All replies

• Hi All,

It has been almost 5 days since I posted this question. I'm really astonished that there is not even one reply for this question. I'm really stuck here with this problem and cannot proceed further. Anyone please at least suggest any alternative forum to post this question ? Any help is really welcome.

Thanks

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 5:46 AM
  • I taked times searching about 'WHQL test with only SYS file' 2 weeks ago, and concluded that the INF file is neccessary.

So, you have to edit an INF file, and the 'run-time loaded' just force you set your driver service starting type as "SERVICE_DEMAND_START".

and the "chkinf.bat" in your WinDDK will help you check your INF file.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 4:37 AM