WFF - WEB FARM FRAME WORK - deploying code across all servers in farm RRS feed

• Question

• User1796534016 posted

Hi all, 

I am currently in a situation, i haven't much expereince regarding this, but i will ask away and all help is greatly appriciated. 

Currently we use TFS 2012 and Visual Studio 2008, an old solution for classic asp application. This deploys a build to a test server, where i would compare the new code with the current code and then make a package of the differences. (Any better way of doing this much appreciated - i am learning powershell) 

We are getting a new web farm and adding multiple servers to this web farm, but i was told i cannot use Web Deploy to Release code to Production, as it does not work with the Classic ASP solution. 

What would be the best way of deploying new production code to all the servers in a farm from a set of folders? I'm not so keen on DFS-R. 

Also I use Win 2008 R2 Servers/ Powershell / IIS 7 

Thursday, March 20, 2014 1:46 PM

All replies

• User212506688 posted

Hi,

Just a thought, and you can test under load and such, but store the code on a file share and point all web servers in the farm to that file share.

I have never done this and there might be some constraints, but it is an option to look at.

There is not alot happening on the WFF front.

HTH, Benjamin

Friday, March 21, 2014 4:45 AM