Public folders tree RRS feed

• Question

• Please help sort out the current issue!

Tried to go c Exchange 2007 on a new Exchange server 2010 and was faced with removing public folder on exchange 2007, to address this problemypolzyvalsya instructions:

http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0000227.htm

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------

Exchange 2007 - Uninstall Error - Public Folder Database

Problem
    While trying to uninstall Exchange 2007 you see the following error.

"Uninstall cannot continue: Database 'Public Folder Database': The public folder database" server name \ storage group \ database "contains folder replicas. Before deleting the public folder database remove the folders or remove the replicas to another public folder database."

WARNINIG: The following procedure assumes you want the Public Folders GONE - make sure any information you require within them is either backed up or moved to another server.
    Solution
    1. Click Start> All Programs> Microsoft Exchange Server 2007> Exchange Management Shell.

2. Issue the following command, (Replace {name of server} with your own server name).

Get-PublicFolder-Server {name of server} "\"-Recurse-ResultSize: Unlimited | Remove-PublicFolder-Server {name of server}-Recurse-ErrorAction: SilentlyContinue

3. Enter Y for yes if Prompted. (Enter your own server name).

6. Re-attempt the uninstall.

or in EXTREME situations (sometimes it refuses to delete no matter what you do) run ADSIedit and remove it from CN = Configuration, CN = Services, CN = Microsoft Exchange, CN = {organisation name ie First Organisation}, CN = Administrative Groups, CN = {Administrative Group name}, CN = Servers, CN = {servername}, CN = Information Store, CN = {Storage Group Name}, CN = {Public Folder Database Name} THEN REBOOT

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

As a result of the operation, I lost a tree katologov public folder throughout the domain, ie now I can not see not a single server exchange "Public folder".

I suspect this method was izmenina scheme of Active directory.

How can I correctly restore directory tree having a public folder database on the Server exchange 2010 and a copy of the System date of DC (Active directory on windows server 2008 sp2) made by Symantec Backup???

I would like to know more about repairing the steps.

Thanks ...

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:00 AM

Answers

• You've posted to a forum for the project management scheduling tool, Microsoft Project.  Please repost your question to a forum for Exchange.  See:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/exchangeserver/

Julie

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:19 AM