none
Mouse Movements RRS feed

• Question

• A user recently reported seeing their mouse move and seemed to open a folder without them touching it.

Diagnostics have so far found no issues or spyware but the user does have VS installed and a addin "test.input.service"

I have no experience with VS, but after reading about this addin, could this be the cause?

If it was possibly the cause, some documentation would be great to use in this report.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi sprocket1,

I try to search this extension in visual studio marketplace, but there is no related information about it. So could you provide more details about "test.input.service"?

If it is a customizied extension which install in viusal studio, you can go to extension manager, then disable it.

Or if it is a third party addin which don't install in viusal studio, please try to 
    end all visual studio processes, and keep addin running to check if this phenomenon still exists.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,
    Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 23, 2020 2:51 AM
  • Sorry my bad, typo, was meant to write Microsoft.Test.Input service
    Thursday, April 23, 2020 9:36 AM
  • Hi sprocket1,

Yes, the Microsoft.Test.Input is used to control mouse. It can move mouse to specified location and do click operation without human operation.

If you doesn't need it, you can comment related code in addin, or disable related feature in addin, or end related process.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 23, 2020 9:50 AM