none
I am throwing it out the window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I'm so pissed yo. I can't play GTA Iv no more because something happened with my Net Framework. Something messed them up. So I uninstalled many of them using the net framework cleanup tool from this guy's blog. And it took hours.
    And then when I go to install it, it freezes on me every time. This is for any version of net framework. Any version I try to install always freezes up, as if it doesn't want me to play GTA IV and wants me to throw it out the window [i wouldn't do it though, it cost ~ $1300].

My specs
    intel Q9650
    G Skill 4gb (2x2gb)
    GTX 260 core 216 evga
    Gigabyte ud3p lga 775 mobo

OS: WIn Xp Service Pack 3!!!!!!!!!!!! {i hate this service pack how do i get back to 2, infact all this netframework thingy and GTA IV stopped working as soon as my computer decided to make its decisions about when to update to a new service pack). I denied many times but during one of the automatic updates it started to install it regardless of my feelings even though I own it.

Thanks ever1 that's willing to put their hands on a keyboard and lend a hand to help some1 they never met in their life -humanity.

Also EDIT: I used the netfx_setupverifier.exe and this is the log

======================================================================
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Beginning of new SetupVerifier activity logging session
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Activity log file location: C:\DOCUME~1\REDOY\LOCALS~1\Temp\setupverifier_main_07-11-09_01.22.06.txt
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Error log file location: C:\DOCUME~1\REDOY\LOCALS~1\Temp\setupverifier_errors_07-11-09_01.22.06.txt
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Build created on March 23, 2009
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Detected operating system: Windows XP (x86)
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Install state for .NET Framework 1.0: not installed.
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Install state for .NET Framework 1.1: not installed.
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Install state for .NET Framework 2.0: not installed.
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Install state for .NET Framework 3.0: not installed.
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Install state for .NET Framework 3.5: not installed.
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Install state for .NET Framework 4.0: not installed.
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Not adding product '.NET Framework 1.0' because it is not currently installed
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Not adding product '.NET Framework 1.1' because it is not currently installed
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Not adding product '.NET Framework 1.1 SP1' because it is not currently installed
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Not adding product '.NET Framework 2.0' because it is not currently installed
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Not adding product '.NET Framework 2.0 SP1' because it is not currently installed
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Not adding product '.NET Framework 2.0 SP2' because it is not currently installed
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Not adding product '.NET Framework 3.0' because it is not currently installed
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Not adding product '.NET Framework 3.0 SP1' because it is not currently installed
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Not adding product '.NET Framework 3.0 SP2' because it is not currently installed
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Not adding product '.NET Framework 3.5' because it is not currently installed
    [07/11/09,01:22:06] Not adding product '.NET Framework 3.5 SP1' because it is not currently installed
    [07/11/09,01:22:07] Starting verification for product
    [07/11/09,01:22:07] Verification succeeded for product

It's not installed cause my computer freezes everything I try to. It doesn't totally freeze but it makes everything run very slow for example Firefox and so I have to use task manager > processes > then right clik on it and then end task which basically forces it to close.

My drivers are up to date for mobo and video.

Update: I forgot to mention like 3 hours ago I was trying to install NF (net framework) v 3.0 and the setup bar went all the way to the end right before it told me some error had occurred and gave me a shortcut to reinstall it again.
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 5:20 AM

All replies

• Hi I need help so quit staring pls,

Which edition of .NET Framework do you want to install?

You can uninstall XP SP3 via Add/Remove programs if you want.

If any problem occurs during the .NET Framework installation, could you please try to use collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework from your "%temp%" folder?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Steps:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder
    - Install .NET Framework
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, July 13, 2009 10:27 AM
  • GTAIV? Hmm... not a game that likes change much. And it requires SP3 for it to run on XP anyway, although it is possible to tweak some registry settings to get it running on XP SP2. As for your prob, I'd suggest following YiChun's advice and collect and post the .NET installation log files so the error code can be found, and the problem resolved.
    Monday, July 13, 2009 10:52 AM
  • It's me again , the Original Poster (I forgot my other account).

Thanks alot for helping me by the way.

There's no option in my add/remove that allows me to remove SP3. i have also read here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249 and tried method 2 but when I put in the command, it says it refers to a location that is unavailable and so it doesn't work.

GTA IV for me worked with SP2 without registry tweaks for some reason (I don't know, maybe I was just lucky). And as soon as SP3 decided to install on its own, GTA IV stopped because SP3 messed up my Net Framework.

"  Which edition of .NET Framework do you want to install? "
    I tried to install them all, none of them install properly for some reason. I recently tried to install Net Framework 2 with the steps you listed above, I deleted many files from the Temp  folder and I tried installing it and the logs are here http://cid-8fb566efebb41599.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?uc=5

If you need anything else, pls let me know. Thanks again for helping me.
    Monday, July 13, 2009 11:22 PM
  • Thank you for Etisoppo's kindly help. :)

Hi Itz me again,

Did you receive any error message during the installation?

"  Which edition of .NET Framework do you want to install? "
    I tried to install them all, none of them install properly for some reason.

If you want to install all .NET Frameworks, could you please try installing .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) since .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 includes .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and .NET Framework 3.0 SP2? So you don't need to install them one by one.
    If any error occurs during the installation, please give me more information on the error message you can notice and help me to use collect tool to collect the log files and upload it again.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:57 AM typo
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:54 AM
  • Hi I need help so quit staring pls,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!
    Friday, July 17, 2009 3:42 AM
  • Ok, so I cleared my temp folder again and I tried installing 3.5 SP1.... After more than an hour later (literally more than an hour, I'm not exaggerating), the whole bar looked like it was complete but then all of a sudden it came up with a message saying "An error has occurred during setup" and the whole green bar started uninstalling itself.

And also, when I try to go in to the folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net to see if I have any Net framework installed, my computer freezes for a while and tehn it comes back syaing The Local DIsk C is not formatted would you like to format now.

I uploaded the new vslogs.rar in the folder SkyDrive>Public>New Net Framework Log

Thanks so much

and pls change it back to question as I can't because I forogt the other accnt

The link to the folder http://cid-8fb566efebb41599.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/New%20Net%20framework%20LOG?uc=1
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 12:45 AM
  • Hi Itz me again,

Thank you for your information.

I found the following error message from your log file:

MSI (s) (6C:E4) [03:20:29:437]: Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2330. The arguments are: 23, c:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\DC3BF90CC0D3D2F398A9A6D1762F70F3,

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2330. The arguments are: 23, c:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\DC3BF90CC0D3D2F398A9A6D1762F70F3,
    MSI (s) (6C:E4) [03:20:29:437]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
    MSI (s) (6C:E4) [03:20:29:500]: Note: 1: 1402 2: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Rollback\Scripts 3: 2
    Action ended 3:20:29: InstallFiles. Return value 3.

Firstly, I suggest you to update the Windows installer to the latest version: Windows Installer 4.5 if you haven't upgraded it.

Error code 2330 means "error getting file attributes". It could be the issue on this package. Please try running the installer as an administrator. Try using some download manager software to download .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks

• Edited by YiChun Chen Friday, July 24, 2009 2:14 AM typo
    Monday, July 20, 2009 3:38 AM
  • nope... no luck... I installed Windows Installer 4.5 and tried installing windows net framework 3.5 sp1 and after 1 whole hour it said... "an error has occurred during installation all the files installed have been uninstalled" It gave me an error Log, I uploaded it to here: http://cid-8fb566efebb41599.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Error%20LOg%20NEW?uc=1 or you can go here : It's in my folder: pls > SkyDrive > Public > Error LOg NEW Thank you again for helping me thus far.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:00 AM
  • 24 hour bump...

i really want to play gta iv pls... and I can't install many software without net framework...

pls and thank u
    Friday, July 24, 2009 12:41 AM
  • Hi Itz me again,

Sorry for delay.

Do you mean that you tried some download manager software to download .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and install it?

If yes, the log files that you posted above is not enough for further troubleshooting. Please try collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 again via the steps I mentioned above.

Thanks

Friday, July 24, 2009 2:22 AM