none
VSTO Ribbon in Office (Word) 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an add-in for Word 2010 (VS 2010) which has ribbon and backstage components (not created with the ribbon designer).  The ribbon components and backstage tab load fine in Word, and the buttons work.  However, when you select "Customize the Ribbon..." in Word, none of my ribbon components are listed.  I do see my buttons if I choose "All Commands", but I do not see my specialized custom ribbon listed on the right, nor do I see any of the other buttons I have on any of the built-in tabs.  I do see other 3rd party vendor ribbon components, but not mine.  

Wow, I've just realized that it might be because I have labeled my groups and tabs with idQ.  I just changed one of my tabs to have a regular id, and it shows up!  A few months ago, I noticed that any groups id'd with an idQ do not show my custom icon when fully collapsed; they show the generic round green ball.  But now this?

Is this a known issue?  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Any insights?

Thanks much.  Elena

Monday, December 17, 2012 7:56 PM

Answers

• Apologies.  I figured out that it was that I referred to my add-in erroneously in the ribbon.xml xmlns namespace.  I had accidentally included the ".dll" after the name.  When I fixed that, all components came up properly.

Thanks, and sorry.  --Elena

• Marked as answer by ebaralt Monday, December 17, 2012 8:21 PM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 8:21 PM

All replies

• Apologies.  I figured out that it was that I referred to my add-in erroneously in the ribbon.xml xmlns namespace.  I had accidentally included the ".dll" after the name.  When I fixed that, all components came up properly.

Thanks, and sorry.  --Elena

• Marked as answer by ebaralt Monday, December 17, 2012 8:21 PM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 8:21 PM
  • Hi ebaralt,

I'm glad to hear you have figured out the problem, thanks for sharing your experience here, it will help other community members to avoid similar problem.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:07 AM