none
Microsoft Access 2016 Forms Programming in VB.NET Instead of VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

We just started developing Microsoft Access 2016 Forms development. Initially, we thought of doing it in VB.NET. However, when we do some research on the it, we found that we had to do the Forms development in VBA only. Is it true?

Please let me know if there is any other way to do the application forms development in VB.NET Object-Oriented model instead of VBA. 

Thanks 

Srinivas 

Monday, February 1, 2016 9:56 PM

Answers

• My project requirement is to have the ability to code in VB.NET there when we click on that "View Code". 

Please let me know if it is possible. 

Hi. Sorry, no, that won't be possible. As I said, the closest you can get is have VBA code to call your VB.Net app. Good luck!
    Monday, February 1, 2016 10:47 PM

All replies

• Hi. You can create your front end to an Access back end using any platform you want. You can use VB.Net or Java. But if you plan to distribute Access front ends, then the forms' events will only respond to VBA. However, VBA can call any other applications you may want to execute using automation or API. Just my 2 cents...
    Monday, February 1, 2016 10:33 PM
  • Hi, 

Thanks a lot for your Reply. 

For us, the Requirement is to have the front inside Access only but not as separate VB.NET front end application. 

When I open a Access 2016 form in design mode and click on "View Code", it is opening in VBA code. My project requirement is to have the ability to code in VB.NET there when we click on that "View Code". 

Thanks 

Srinivas 

Monday, February 1, 2016 10:40 PM
  • My project requirement is to have the ability to code in VB.NET there when we click on that "View Code". 

Hi. Sorry, no, that won't be possible. As I said, the closest you can get is have VBA code to call your VB.Net app. Good luck!
    Monday, February 1, 2016 10:47 PM
  • You can actually do either one. It would be a major headache though to code a vb.net form and open it with Access, but it could be done. Ideally, code your app in vb.net and use Access as your database back end.
    Monday, October 17, 2016 12:17 PM