none
Non-linear behavior of VBA ScrollBar form control on a Mac with Office:mac 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very simple form in PowerPoint:mac 2011 (but I assume could be any Office:mac app) version 14.2.2.  It has a single ScrollBar form control, horizontally oriented with min and max values set to 0 and 100 respectively.

When the form is run, I click on the center of the ScrollBar dragger and drag it to the right but when the ScrollBar dragger has reached the right hand limit, the mouse cursor is no longer aligned with the control but offset to the left by ~20% of the length of the control.  Clicking on the dragger at this position does nothing as the control seems to think that the hotspot is several tens of pixels to the left, which does indeed grab the dragger if clicking in this area.

This behavior renders the ScrollBar control useless from a user perspective and it looks like a form control bug.

Can anyone confirm as I have tried adjusting all properties of the control and cannot get it to behave normally?

Thank you,

Jamie.

PowerPoint Add-Ins

http://www.gmark.co/

• Edited by GMARKppt Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:43 PM
    Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:28 PM