How to Override styles of WinJS.UI.HubSection and bind header dynamically

Question

• Hi,

I want to override style of header in WinJS.UI.HubSection.

I tried finding out the style of it in inbuild style class(win-hub-section-header) pasted below. I have over ridden this in my css file (just added color:red and font-size:40pt). But could not see any difference.

.win-hub-section-header {
        -ms-grid-column: 1;
        -ms-grid-row: 1;
        margin: 4px 0;
        font-size: 20pt;
        text-align: left;
    }

How to bind the header dynamically in WinJS.UI.Hubsection(Generally the header is set via data-win-options:{header :'XXX'}).

could some one assist me where am i going wrong.

Thanks & Regards Tejaswi Chandrapatla

• Edited by Teja510 Sunday, October 27, 2013 6:49 AM Adding details for dynamic binding
    Sunday, October 27, 2013 6:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Teja510,

You should not modify the .win-hub-section-header, instead you should apply the CSS on .win-hub-section-header-content which is the line 1089.

For the binding stuff, take a look at the discussion here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16394645/can-i-bind-data-to-data-win-options I'm not quite sure if it is correct, I don't have experience with binding to an data-win-option element. But I saw the document which wrote following code, therefore I doubt if it can be binding backend.

var header = hubSection.header;
    hubSection.header = header;

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, October 28, 2013 7:58 AM