none
Run code on form load & record change

Question

• Is there a method/event that can run code each time the user changes a record?

I was using the navigation buttons but the results were mixed with showing values from previous record.

In FoxPro (sorry) I had .Refresh() that could be called.

Am running Visual Studio Ultimate 2013

Friday, March 24, 2017 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Not sure if you will get any help here and if not if you like I can move your question to the FoxPro forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, March 24, 2017 3:50 PM
  • Im sorry, I am looking for an area toi place my vb.net code similar to the foxpro .refresh() function.

I need it for vb.net 2013, either an event that calls on record change or something that will trigger code.

Friday, March 24, 2017 5:43 PM
  • You can. 

On our website is a sample which does that. However, only to show how it could be done but also telling not to do it. 

It is not anymore 2017 is is 1990 when the use of a Database was done by 2 persons, 

http://www.vb-tips.com/SQLServerUpdate.aspx

Success
    Cor

Friday, March 24, 2017 8:52 PM