none
Customizing modern library/list view in SharePoint Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am redesigning the SP online site where in classic view of list/library I have implemented all the changes using the Seattle master page. Now the challenge which I am facing is in customizing modern view of library. Below are the changes which I need to work on in modern view:-

1. Hide left navigation from the modern view.

2. Add banner and top navigation menu very similar to what I have in classic view.

3. Add footer which contains some text, a text box and a button which handles its functionality as it is working on classic view.

4. Make filters visible by default in the right side of the library view.

The issue is there is no master page/page layout for modern view which we can customize and make it similar to all the changes that we have on Seattle master page. Please suggest the best possible way to get this done or any work-around will also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Aakash

Aakash Rajput

Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Custom master page customizations are currently not supported for "modern" lists and libraries in SharePoint Online you may want to consider 

• Subset of user custom actions
        • Custom branding
        • PowerApps and Flow integration

for your scenario you may want to look at the 

• Custom branding and the user custom actions

Below  customizations are currently not supported for "modern" lists and libraries in SharePoint Online:

• JSLink-based field customizations (see Note on SharePoint Framework Extensions)
        • JSLink-based view customizations (see Note on SharePoint Framework Extensions)
        • Custom CSS via AlternateCSSUrl web property
        • Custom JavaScript embedded via user custom actions (see Note on SharePoint Framework Extensions)
        • Custom master pages (more extensive branding will be supported later using alternative options)
        • Customization via InfoPath
      • Minimal Download Strategy (MDS)
    • SharePoint server publishing

Please refer the below link ..

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/modern-experience-customizations-customize-lists-and-libraries

Hope this helps...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers if they helped, also set "like" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated Community forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Kaizala.

Thursday, December 20, 2018 5:50 PM
  • Hi Aakash, 

I am afraid that your requirement cannot be achieved. 

Unfortunately, in Modern Experience, you can't customize the default list page to add JS or custom CSS as we did in classic mode.

New Modern page doesn't have any master page associated and it has been created using the Theme's and it has no option to customize anything like what you did with your classic site.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, December 21, 2018 6:00 AM
  • Hi Aakash, 

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer, it will be beneficial to others in the community who meet this similar issue in the future. 

Thanks,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, December 27, 2018 9:17 AM