none
Can't open any more tables error RRS feed

• Question

• Cant' open any more tables.I am starting to get this error quite frequently in several of my Access Web Apps. Have to go to Task Manager every time to close out of Access and then re-open. Any ideas?

John Fletcher

Monday, February 29, 2016 2:36 PM

All replies

• John - whenever I get unexpected Access application errors like this the first thing I do is run an Office repair via the Control Panel especially since you stated that it happens in several of your web apps, not just one.

You might also check your connection and permissions at the back end.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Monday, February 29, 2016 2:54 PM
  • Hi John,

Do you get this error at design time or when you run it in browser? Based on this error message, it seems you open too many tables. How many tables you open which include linked tables and the tables opened internally by Access when you got this error?

In addition, I suggest you try suggestion from Bill.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 1:33 AM
  • Did a full Office repair and got the error immediately after! I it in design view and completely locks up requiring a reboot which of course means I have lost all changes - very frustrating.

John Fletcher

Sunday, March 13, 2016 6:44 PM
  • Design time.

John Fletcher

Sunday, March 13, 2016 6:45 PM
  • Hi John,

From error message, I could not think out what is related with your issue. First, if you create a simple web app, will this issue still exist? If this issue still exist, could you share us your steps which could reproduce your issue? If this issue not exist in new Access web apps, could you share us which you operate with old Access web app.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, March 14, 2016 6:54 AM
  • Hi Edward,

I created a new Web App on a new Site Collection and it still happens. I even updated to Office 2016 from 2013 to see if that would take care of the problem but nothing seems to help.

John

John Fletcher

Monday, March 14, 2016 7:06 PM
  • Hi John,

>> I created a new Web App on a new Site Collection and it still happens

Could you share us details steps you create a new web app and when this error happens? Did this issue happen when your web app has only one table? I test at my side with Access 2013 web app, but I failed to reproduce your issue.

Best Regards,

Edward

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:37 AM
  • No way to reproduce. It just happens randomly. Seems to happen more often when I am signed into multiple o365 accounts.

John Fletcher

Friday, March 18, 2016 7:34 PM
  • Hi John,

To be honesty, with less information, I am not able to find the root cause. If this issue would not happen when you sign in one O365 account, I would suggest you avoid to sign in with multiple accounts.

Sorry for the less help.

If this is an urgent issue, I will suggest you contacting the Microsoft professional support so that our engineers can work closely with you to troubleshoot this issue.
    If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged. Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Best Regards,

Edward

Saturday, March 19, 2016 5:22 AM