none
Windows Memory Diagnostic utility RRS feed

• Question

• Any recommendations for or against using the Microsoft Memory Diagnostic Utility included in WES7?  Is there an API or unattended method of invoking the utility (invoking the utility prompts for user acknowledgement before running)?

Thanks!

David

• Edited by beemr007 Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11:11 PM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11:11 PM

All replies

• As far as I know, the utility has to be use on boot up. You have asked about memory tests before are you running into a particular problem?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:53 AM
  • Just thinking of something we can deploy when testing our product before its sent to the field.

Yes, my understanding is the same in that the utility requires rebooting into the utility. My question is whether there's a way to suppress the user acknowlegement before the system reboots. If you run the Memory Diagnostic Utility, it'll prompt you with a user dialog. That's the dialog that I want to supress since I would like to run the memory test without user intervention.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:25 PM
  • I haven't seen this yet, but I thought boards with UEFI support had utilities to test the hardware.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:06 PM