none
Microsoft.Office.Core.FileDialog.Execute() method throw ComException when Excel editing language differ from system locale RRS feed

• Question

• The following code works fine when I used English locale for the current user. But dialog.Execute() throw the exception when I changed to non English locale for the current user. This issue only happen on Excel, if I change the editing language to be same as system locale, then this issue is gone. Any ideas?

The code:

Microsoft.Office.Core.FileDialog dialog =this.Application.get_FileDialog(Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoFileDialogType.msoFileDialogSaveAs);

int result = dialog.Show();

if (result != 0)

{

dialog.Execute(); 

The exception:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

I follow the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320369 article to set Culture of current thread to en-US, but it still throw exception, is there any other solution?

The purpose of my addin is getting the saved path and file name. Is there WorkbookAfterSave event? If yes, then I don't need to pop up Save as dialog in WorkbookBeforeSave event and set Cancel to true.

Best regards,

Erison

Monday, March 26, 2012 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Erison,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please tell me you Office version and VSTO runtime version for further research

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:42 AM