Map an Azure #Root to my custom subdomain's root RRS feed

Answers

• That's probably good general advice and is appreciated. In my case a CDN is not really indicated because I'm exceedingly domestic oriented and small scale. Even so, all things being equal, you are probably right.

But the problem I was initially grappling with turned out to be due to the $Root set to private. I adjusted it and now I have the behavior I expected.

thanks much for the time!

• Marked as answer by am.steve Friday, May 9, 2014 10:18 PM
    Friday, May 9, 2014 10:18 PM

All replies

• Since it's the length and (probably) also the speed access you're looking to achieve, why not use Azure CDN instead?

In CDN you map your blob storage account to a CDN and you can even define a custom domain for your CDN. Moreover, you get a shorted URL too.

Alex

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 10:28 PM
  • That's probably good general advice and is appreciated. In my case a CDN is not really indicated because I'm exceedingly domestic oriented and small scale. Even so, all things being equal, you are probably right.

But the problem I was initially grappling with turned out to be due to the $Root set to private. I adjusted it and now I have the behavior I expected.

thanks much for the time!

• Marked as answer by am.steve Friday, May 9, 2014 10:18 PM
    Friday, May 9, 2014 10:18 PM