Deploy Project to Integration Services Catalogs\SSISDB RRS feed

• Question

• When we deploy a package, it's going to the integration services catalog within the server we are using. I need it to go to the actual built in Integration Services Catalog on SQL Server. I hope that makes sense. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Monday, August 28, 2017 5:51 PM

All replies

• HI ,

Refer following first create SSIS catalog and upload SSIS package at file level and then run package

Create SSIS catlog

Mssql installation on Centos

Monday, August 28, 2017 6:02 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I'm asking. I want to upload to the actual "Integration Services Catalog" that you connect to on SQL Server.

I'm trying to add "Execute Package Tasks" in one project and use the External Reference > SQL Server option. Problem is that the only packages available to reference are the ones in the MSDB folder. I know I can import manually to that but that would become hard to maintain. I want to deploy packages to that folder. 

Monday, August 28, 2017 6:10 PM
  • Refer following 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/lesson-6-4-deploying-the-lesson-6-package

https://www.sqlshack.com/deploying-packages-to-sql-server-integration-services-catalog-ssisdb/

Mssql installation on Centos

• Edited by AV111 Monday, August 28, 2017 6:23 PM
    Monday, August 28, 2017 6:18 PM
  • Thanks, that's still not really answering my question though. I do not need to create the catalog. I am simply trying to deploy to MSDB folder.
    Monday, August 28, 2017 7:20 PM
  • Hi DanHaf,

As you stated, you could connect to SSIS instance via SSMS, then expand the MSDB folder then import SSIS packages.

Another way that you could download BIDS Helper which is supported to deploy SSIS packages to MSDB directly via SSDT.

See: Deploy SSIS Packages

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Pirlo Zhang Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:08 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:07 AM
  • Thanks, I downloaded it and I can see it installed by looking under Tools<Options but when I follow the documentation that you provide, I do not have the Bids option though when I right click on the project and select properties. 

Any ideas on what's wrong?

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 12:47 PM
  • I can't get this to work. All I need to do is to be able to deploy it to Integration Services>MSDB. I am attching screen shots, so you can see exactly what I mean.

I first connect to Integration Services

Then the MSDB folder under "Stored Packages" is in there. This is where I need to deploy to. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:38 PM
  • Hi DanHaf,

Yes, I understand that you would like to deploy SSIS packages to MSDB which is a package store.

What's the version of BIDS you installed?

As far as I know, it is supported to deploy SSIS packages to MSDB -- copies packages into the SSIS Package Stored in MSDB on the specified server.

Can you see this TAB?

And also, please notice that BIDS Helper for SQL 2016 and SQL 2017 is installed in Visual Studio 2015 and has known issue that BIDS Helper does not currently support partial installs of SSDT.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Pirlo Zhang Monday, September 4, 2017 6:48 AM update screenshot
    Monday, September 4, 2017 6:19 AM