none
GPD file - MaxSize RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am adding a custom paper size to my printer driver .gpd file.

*Option: CUSTOMSIZE
    {
       *rcNameID: =USER_DEFINED_SIZE_DISPLAY
       *MinSize: PAIR(52, 254)
       *MaxSize: PAIR(284, 32767)
       *CursorOrigin: PAIR(0, 0)
       *MaxPrintableWidth: 256
       *MinLeftMargin: 0
       *TopMargin: 125
       *BottomMargin: 125
       *CenterPrintable?: TRUE
    }

It seems that the maximum height of the MaxSize is 32767, isn’t it? At least any bigger value than 32767 doesn’t show any change in the output!

Is there another way to define a larger height?

Thank you,
    Phil

Phil Ineichen - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Phil,

There's no hardcoded MaxSize, but I'm not sure why you're encountering issues with the maximum height. I'd recommend reviewing the content here against your GPD file.  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff562747(v=vs.85).aspx

Thanks!

Justin

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:54 PM
  • Hi Justin,

I did review my GPD file against the document which you have mentioned. Unfortunately I couldn't find any hints/help to solve my issue!

The problem is that when a larger print job (>32000) is sent then my v3 unidrv just gets a view lines (~200). If a smaller print job (< 32000) gets sent then the printer driver gets all data.

Therefore I have increased the MaxSize to PAIR(284, 65534). Unfortunately this changes doesn't allow sending a larger print job (>32000) either. Therefore it seems that the MaxSize doesn't have an impact.

Do I need to change something else to allow larger print jobs? Is there a gpd verifier tool? What is the best way to debug this problem?

Thank you,

Philipp

Friday, April 11, 2014 7:21 PM
  • No, the data being sent to the printer driver is already truncated!
    Monday, April 14, 2014 9:56 AM
  • I am not sure what kind of hardware information you are looking for. I am writing a printer driver for a new printer. I assume that you are looking for the PC hardware information since the problem occurs on the PC and not on the printer. Furthermore the error occurs before OEMStartPage().

Thank you,
    Philipp
    Monday, April 14, 2014 6:15 PM
  • My printer driver is a v3 unidrv and based on the WDK sample.

The problem also occurs when changing the port from USB to file. I mean get generated file is already truncated in case the print job is larger than 32767. Everything prints just fine in case the print job is smaller than 32767!

I am sorry, but I don't understand why the USB enumeration should have an impact on this issue. The problem seems to be caused even before my printer driver has control and also occurs when printing to a file. Therefore I think that the issue is being caused by the .gpd file.

I do see an impact when changing the MaxSize values smaller than 32767, but it doesn't seem to have an impact for values bigger than 32767!

Thank you,

Philipp

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 11:02 AM