none
Win 10 Start Tile Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 10 1909 – Vmwre Horizon 7.11 -FSLogix Profile Containers

Since we started using FSLogix, replacing Windows roaming profiles, I cannot reset/modify start menu tiles. I initially create the custom tile layout on the golden image using export-startlayout and import-startlayout with the LayoutModification.xml. Standard procedure. It works great the first time a user logs in to a VM and creates the FSLogix profile. If I need to modify the start tile layout after adding apps to the golden image or whatever, I just repeat the process on the golden image, recompose the desktop pool, and voila, everyone get a new tile layout. But not with FSLogix. The new ModificationLayout.xml does not take affect. I have also tried deleting HKCU\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\cloudstore on a user desktop but that also has no effect.  it appears that The tile layout is being cached or preserved somewhere in the profile, and I have no idea where. The only way to give the users the new tile layout is to delete their profile container and allow it to be re-created, which is unacceptable of course. So right now I have a new image I need to push out to the users but they will all have messed up start tiles.

Thursday, September 10, 2020 9:12 PM

Answers

• I never figured out why importing the startlayout.xml into the image quit working with FSLogix, at least after the initial creation, but I decided to try deploying with local group policy and it worked. Problem solved rther easily.
    • Marked as answer by BarryUWEDU Saturday, September 12, 2020 11:26 PM
    Saturday, September 12, 2020 11:26 PM