Issue with .NET client invoking method on remote host RRS feed

• Question

• User-1364750345 posted

I have a web application that I have successfully set up SignalR in.  I also have a console app that runs at a pre-set interval and invokes a method in the web server via SignalR upon completion.  All works well on my development machine, but when I move the code toseperate machines, the connection from the console app to the web server becomes unreliable.  It appears about 10% of the attempts to invoke the method actually make it through.

I have watch the traffic using Fiddler, and I can see the call going out to the server, but for some reason, the server fails to receive the message the majority of the time.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I do have console.log lines in my JS client in the web site, so I can see when the messages are being received.  SignalR version is 2.2

I did create a method to invoke the same method from the web site that the console app is calling.  When I invoke it from within the site, it does work.  Owin.Cors is enabled, otherwise the set-up doesn;t work even when on the same machine.  Since the console app is always a differnet domain, I had no choice but to get that working early on.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:10 PM

Answers

• User-1364750345 posted
    Thanks for the info. Turns out, my issue was the need for a backplane. Since the servers are deployed using a load balancer, the backplane is required to ensure all independent servers receive notice to broadcast the message.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 11:20 PM

All replies