TextBox input issue with Chinese(Traditional, Taiwan)

Question

• Hi,

I find i can not input some Traditional Chinese(Taiwan) characters into TextBox control:

On Windows 8 or later, with any app with a 'TextBox' control and try to input some words into it:

1. Press the keyboard key '3' '4' '6' '7', nothing will inputed to the TextBox, but with the same step, we can input those characters into note pad.

2. If you press '1' - '0' on the keyboard, you will find those keys are really working, it seems they could not input independently but only work with context in TextBox.

I'm just wandering why there was the difference ?  Is it a bug ?   Thanks !

Dong.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 1:57 AM

All replies

• What language keyboard are you using? How can I reproduce this issue?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:12 AM
  • What language keyboard are you using? How can I reproduce this issue?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Hi Matt,

1. I'm using Traditional Chinese(Taiwan) keyboard.

2. You can reproduce this issue with any application that has a TextBox. For example, the sample app provided by Microsoft: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Touch-keyboard-sample-43532fda

Install the app and you can reproduce the issue follow my steps above. 

Thank you !

Dong.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:46 AM
  • Any updates about this ? 
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:12 AM