none
"Microsoft.Python.Tools.Interpreter.IInterpreterOptionsService" error while starting a new Python project in VS community 2015

Question

• I tried to start a new application in visual studio in python, and received an error that said "Expected 1 export(s) with contract name "Microsoft.Python.Tools.Interpreter.IInterpreterOptionsService" but found 0 after applying applicable constraints. I have installed python 3.5.1(32 bit), Python tools 2.2.3 for visual studio 2015 and iron python 2.7.5 on my system running windows 10(Build 10240). On trying dynamic programming with C# and Python and was able to run it successfully. Standalone python applications are not starting on visual studio.
    • Moved by DotNet Wang Monday, May 30, 2016 5:58 AM From C# Forum
    Sunday, May 29, 2016 8:51 AM

All replies

• The form is dedicated to C#. Maybe, you need to post to a VS forum.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=visualstudiogeneral

Sunday, May 29, 2016 10:12 PM
  • Hi Arkprabho Chakraborti,

>>I tried to start a new application in visual studio in python, and received an error

>>On trying dynamic programming with C# and Python and was able to run it successfully.

Could you please tell me what's the specified type of Python project you created?

From the error message you offered, it seems like the Python Tool for VS2015 was not been installed correctly. Please reinstall the Python Tool for VS2015.

If still no help, try to repair your VS2015 or install the VS2015 Update2. The latest update of VS2015.

Best Regards,

Lake  Xiao

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:40 AM