SQL SSRS upgrade issue caused Powerview Feature missing. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team

I have upgraded the SQL server SSRS from 2016 to 2017 recently and post upgrade i am getting the below error while create project site using existing site template.

CreateWssSiteContent: Creating project site failed!requires that the Feature {bf8b58f5-ebae-4a70-9848-622beaaf2043} be installed in the farm or site collection. How can i fix this issue?

Regards

agasthya

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 12:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Agasthya,

From the error message, it seems like the template error, with the message, you could check this similar thread which I think may have the solution for this case : 

Not able to create site using site template 

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 12:57 AM
  • Hi Lucas,

I am not using Sharepoint Designer to create Project site. I am creating the site when a project is published using default settings. JFYI I was able to create Project sites using this template before SQL upgrade but only after upgrade i am facing this issue. 

From my research, i found that there are report server features/Resources in my farm which are missing. The feature id in the error is for the Powerview feature which comes with the Report server. 

Regards,

Agasthya

agasthya

Thursday, January 23, 2020 5:35 AM
  • I'm not very familiar with Sharepoint features, could we manually add it here to avoid the issue?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 24, 2020 6:25 AM
  • Added the features did fix the issue but i wanted the RCA for this.

agasthya

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:57 AM