PostMessage between instance of different privilege level fail... - need replacmeent. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Before Vista, I create a SDK in which allow multiple application to communicate through a single device. The communication between the instances is done through PostMessage. However, under Vista when two process get launch at different security level.. the PostMessage failed... and this could break things apart.

I would like to have some ideas about how I can still establish a reliable communication between instances that will work no matter the various prilege that various third party application can be launch.

thanks in advances for your ideas,

Yann

Friday, June 1, 2007 3:43 PM

Answers

• Thanks Sdi. In fact, we needed to add a service and running the service first make the whole thing work (

as long as the service is running first, which is always in my case).

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:53 PM

All replies

• If you control both ends (and the privilege levels are compatible), you can use ChangeWindowMessageFilter() in the receiving app. If not, UIPI doesn't affect sockets, named pipes, etc.
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 6:09 AM
  • Thanks Sdi. In fact, we needed to add a service and running the service first make the whole thing work (

as long as the service is running first, which is always in my case).

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:53 PM