none
Exchange Certificate Request RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of migrating my exchange 2007 to exchange 2010 and I am trying to generate an exchange certificate request from the 2007 server so I can add the new server to the certificate. Here is the command I have tried.  (

New-ExchangeCertificate -generaterequest -keysize 2048 -subjectname"c=US, l=Clarksville, s=TN, o=Stone Rudolph And Henry PLC,cn=mail.srhcpas.com" -domainname srhcpas.com, autodiscover.srhcpas.com,exchangesrv,exchangesrv.accountant.local, exchange2010, exchange2010.accountant.local -privatekeyexportable:$true -Path c:\certificate_request.txt)

When I hit enter I get >> and nothing else what am I doing wrong.

Charlie Brown

Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:02 PM

Answers

• First, are you running the PS command as an administrator?

Second, which scenario are you in?

1. You need a brand new cert. Either you want new names in it...or your current one is about to expire. In this case, I would install the Exchange 2010 server. Then run the Exchange 2010 cert wizard from the Exchange Management Console. It'll step you through the whole process in a wizard.

However...

2. Let's say you want to keep the same cert you currently have on the 2007 server. In that case, simply export the cert from the 2007 server into PFX format, import it into the Exchange 2010 local computer cert store, then assign the certificate to the S, W, and whatever other services you need. Either use the PS commands or the EMC gui

Finally test everything by going to:

www.testexchangeconnectivity.com

:)

• Marked as answer by Charliesrh Monday, September 30, 2013 8:33 PM
    Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:29 PM

All replies

• First, are you running the PS command as an administrator?

Second, which scenario are you in?

1. You need a brand new cert. Either you want new names in it...or your current one is about to expire. In this case, I would install the Exchange 2010 server. Then run the Exchange 2010 cert wizard from the Exchange Management Console. It'll step you through the whole process in a wizard.

However...

2. Let's say you want to keep the same cert you currently have on the 2007 server. In that case, simply export the cert from the 2007 server into PFX format, import it into the Exchange 2010 local computer cert store, then assign the certificate to the S, W, and whatever other services you need. Either use the PS commands or the EMC gui

Finally test everything by going to:

www.testexchangeconnectivity.com

:)

• Marked as answer by Charliesrh Monday, September 30, 2013 8:33 PM
    Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:29 PM
  • Thank you for the help

Charlie Brown

Monday, September 30, 2013 8:33 PM