none
Windows 2008R2 servers suddenly restarting RRS feed

• Question

• I support three 2008R2 servers, 1 domain controller, 1 remote desktop host, 1 database server for the main application.  

Servers have been in service since July 2011 with no issues, then suddenly on May 26th the three servers restarted, thing was it was the RDH server first, then the DC about 30 seconds later, then the database server about 30 seconds after that. This happened at 10:36am for all three

Then on June 24th, exactly the same thing happened, at 10:35am, same sequence and same timing approximately.

Then last night, June 30th at 9:26pm, same thing happened. 

Leading up to it, there are no indications on any server that there are services or processes that are failing, trying to shut down the servers, or reboot sequences.  Each server has the line in the Event log that the restart of the server was unexpected.  Monitor on the UPS does not show any power fluctuations.  Physically, no one is touching the servers as they are locked in a room in a cabinet.  Temperature inside the room is 76 degree F.  

Windows Updates are set for me to take care of, so it isn't automatic restart due to updates. 

I am at wits end regarding these servers as there is no rhyme or reason to why they are suddenly rebooting.

Paul Clemmons, Owner, MCP PC Networks Inc MPN

Monday, July 1, 2013 4:11 PM