none
Infopath / SharePoint 2013 Critical Error

Question

• Hi folks - has anyone else experienced a 'critical error' when working on an Infopath Form (2013) with SharePoint 2013?

I have the form connected to a SharePoint list and the form is filled out online and the data is uploaded to the list upon saving.

Recently I have been receiving (albeit not every time) a critical error which means I have to rework the form again.

The exact message reads "Critical error while loading the form" , "security validation for this form is invalid" and Correlation ID:b61eec9d-f0f4-4000-0a01-e0d93101873a.

Any suggestions for getting around this would be very much appreciated.
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Jivetalker,

Do you use claims for authentication? If so, it may be due to the FedAuth cookie that is maintaining the users SiteMinder identity is getting dropped.

I suggest you increasing the timeout for the SAML token to a longer value like 8 hours to match a standard business day and avoid the risk of hitting that timeout while a user is working.

Besides, if the issue exists, refer to the Correlation ID to check for the corresponding detailed error message in ULS logs. Log is at:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 28, 2017 9:17 AM