Pivot Control RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Am I correct in thinking that the Pivot Control originated from an older version of the WP Toolkit ?

Does anyone have a link to the source please ?

Thanks

Saturday, April 2, 2016 8:25 PM

Answers

• @theresonlyonefinmaf

As mcosmin mentioned, flipview support Vertical. But when I modified ItemsPanelTemplate I cannot make the Vertical works.

Maybe you can try use flipview as a temporarily solution. The flipview does support vertical.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Barry Wang Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:15 AM edit
    • Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Friday, April 22, 2016 3:04 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:53 AM

All replies

• Hello theresonlyonefinmaf,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! 

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools .

We need you to add tags to your title so that we will know about your project type.

"Pivot Control originated from an older version of the WP Toolkit", In Windows Phone Silverlight we have a Pivot control Pivot control for Windows Phone 8

However I think it is hard for any of us says(If you mean Pivot control in UWP): Pivot Control originated from an older version of the WP Toolkit.

And I also haven't found the source code of the old Pivot control http://phone.codeplex.com/

What do you want to do with the "source" and what "source" do you want to know?

If you just want to know how to build the same control like Pivot: On Windows Store app where we don't have Pivot Control before we develop like this: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/avip/2011/09/18/development-tip-tab-control/

But I think it's better for you to just use the Pivot control directly:Pivot class

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, April 4, 2016 8:21 AM
  • The pivot control has been around since as long as windows phone 7, and it is part of the OS SDK not the optional toolkit.
    Monday, April 4, 2016 8:23 AM
  • Ah. I thought it might have been in the SDK all along.

I'm actually looking for a Pivot control that privots vertically.

Any ideas on where to start ?

Monday, April 4, 2016 8:52 AM
  • I think you can change the item container template of the pivot.

I haven't tried it out tough, but it works for the flipview, so I suppose it is something similar for Pivot.

Just remember to use one of the virtualizing panels (like VirtualizingStackPanel), otherwise you will run into funny errors.

Monday, April 4, 2016 9:42 AM
  • @theresonlyonefinmaf

As mcosmin mentioned, flipview support Vertical. But when I modified ItemsPanelTemplate I cannot make the Vertical works.

Maybe you can try use flipview as a temporarily solution. The flipview does support vertical.

Best regards,

Barry

• Edited by Barry Wang Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:15 AM edit
    • Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Friday, April 22, 2016 3:04 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:53 AM