none
Is there a way to interactively design territories on a map from selecting West-European communities (or postal codes) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an application that worked fine with Mappoint. Mappoint was used as an active x-control in an app I developed in Windows 32-bit environment. Mappoint will be discontinued by the end of the year, and does not work as active x-control in 64-bit windows either. I have looked before into Bing Maps to see if a similar solution to my particular requirements can be programmed:

The application user designs territories on maps of West-European countries (Belgium, Netherlands, France, Luxembourg, ..) based on zipcode city boundaries. In Mappoint it was 'relatively' easy to do: my application could read territory onformation from a SQL server database (no spatial info) just zipcodes and cities and salespeople info. I could represent the territories by salespeople in territories per country. The user can then modify the regions by first selecting a territory in the list of color-coded territories and then clicking on a postal code.

Afterwards the use could export the mappoint territories to an excel file, which I imported through an SSIS package back into the SQL server database.

Is this at all possible in Bing Maps? If so, can you please point me to relevant documentation?

Jan D'Hondt - SQL server BI development

• Edited by jandho Friday, October 31, 2014 11:32 AM
    Friday, October 31, 2014 11:29 AM

Answers

All replies