none
How to get itemid of an occurence if the meeting when it is cancelled from EWS api RRS feed

• Question

• Normally when ever a meeting is cancelled i use moved eventtype to get olditemId using that i delete the cancelled meeting id´s from databse.

But for recurring meetings when a single occurence is cancelled only modified event is triggered. So i cant get olditemId. So in this scenario how can i idetify cancelled occurence.

Please Suggest some best and simple ways to deal with this problem.

I have one more doubt like how we get to know whether an user was internal user or external user from EWS.

Thanks in advance,

Rahul

• Edited by Rahul_varma Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:37 AM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:25 AM

All replies

• There is no simple way to achieve that my suggestion is your parse the recurrence blob https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/cc979209.aspx store that in the client in a format that you can easily do a comparison against. Then when you get a modification on the master instance from a notification etc grab the blob do a comparison and you can tell exactly what has been modified (eg new exception created or deletion).  This blob is what is used by the server to render the calendar expansion.

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:18 AM